Research challenge 1. Bridge from manipulation to locomotion.
- Find abstract connections between the field of nonprehensile manipulation and dynamic legged locomotion.
- Find a mathematical mapping between the respective fields, so as to study the problem within the robotic nonprehensile manipulation domain and bringing back the solution into the walking scenario.
- Find a trade-off between the the performance and the complexity of the resulting controller.
- In parallel, investigate innovative solutions for the control of dynamic locmotion tasks.
Research challenge 2. Validation and application targeting.
- Preparation of the first mock-ups to perform preliminary tasks.
- Converge towards a precise application domain among manufacturing (including production, food, and SME manufacture), healthcare (surgical, therapy and rehabilitation, training, assistive robotics), agriculture (livestock, forestry, fisheries food service), and general service robotics.